- Sex: Male
- Marital status: Married
- Place of residence: USA
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Al-Ha’ir Prison, Riyadh
- Date of arrest: 21 November 2021
- Manner of arrest: From King Khalid International Airport
- Charges: Support and financing of terrorism; undermining the security of the state
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Verdict: He was sentenced to 16 years and three months in prison, in addition to a travel ban of the same length. The appeal's court increased the sentence to 19 years.
- Date of verdict: 3 October 2022
- Torture and ill-treatment
Violation detailsHeld in solitary confinement
20 March 2023 - Saad al-madi was released and all his charges dropped. It is still not clear whether the kingdom has lifted the travel ban
8 February 2023 - The Specialised Criminal Court of Appeal increased the sentence to 19 years.
3 October 2022 - He was sentenced to 16 years and three months in prison, in addition to a travel ban of the same length.
21 November 2021 - He was arrested from King Khalid International Airport.