- Sex: Male
- Area of activity: Human rights activist
- Place of residence: Buraydah, Al Qassim
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Buraydah Prison, al-Qassim
- Date of arrest: 08 February 2015
- Manner of arrest: Arrested at a petrol station by a group of plain-clothes police officers
- Charges: Using his Twitter account to incite public opinion against the government; signing a petition calling for demonstrations; insulting the king.
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Verdict: 8-year prison term, 8-year travel ban and a fine of 50,000 Saudi riyals.
- Date of verdict: 01 October 2015
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention ,
- Enforced disappearance ,
- Denied contact with family ,
- Denied access to a lawyer ,
- Torture and ill-treatment
Violation detailsSubjected to psychological torture and threats and placed in solitary condiment several times.
11 March 2021 - He began a hunger strike, joining more than 30 other detainees in al-Ha’ir Prison, who remain on hunger strike.
03 September 2020 - Reports confirmed that he was placed in solitary condiment several times and was denied contracts with with his family and was subjected to psychological torture and threats.
01 October 2015 - He was sentenced to eight years of imprisonment and eight years of travel ban and a fine of 50,000 Saudi riyals.
08 February 2015 - He was arrested at a petrol station by a group of plain-clothes police officers.