- Sex: Male
Son of the missing preacher Sulaiman al-Dowaish
Arrest and jail information
- Date of arrest: 14 August 2021
- Manner of arrest: He had received a phone call from the Saudi authorities asking him to go to the Naif College for National Security in Riyadh, supposedly to have the electronic tag removed from his ankle. However, as soon as he arrived he was informed that he had to spend the remainder of his sentence, amounting to eight months, in prison.
- Charges: Support for Islamic State (IS) and holding extremist ideas, although the Public Prosecution failed to produce any evidence for this.
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Verdict: Sentenced to three and a half years in prison with eighteen months suspension, to be followed by a travel ban of similar duration.
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention ,
- Enforced disappearance ,
- Torture and ill-treatment
14 August 2021 - The Saudi authorities arrested him, and his family still have no information about him or his whereabouts.
September 2020 - He was sentenced by the Specialised Criminal Court, Saudi Arabia’s terrorism court, to three and a half years in prison with eighteen months suspension, to be followed by a travel ban of similar duration.
March 2018 - He was released before his trial began.
June 2017 - He was arrested after an argument with an official at the Interior Ministry to whom he had gone to seek the release of his father. He was forcibly disappeared for three months, after which his family were able to visit him in prison and saw he had clearly been tortured.