- Sex: Male
Current head of the Nubian community in Riyadh and a long-term resident in Saudi Arabia.
Arrest and jail information
- Date of arrest: 14 July 2020
- Manner of arrest: Saudi officials believed to be from the Mabaheth (secret police), part of the Presidency of State Security, raided his home.
- Charges: Peacefully exercising the right to freedom of association and assembly.
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention ,
- Enforced disappearance ,
- Denied contact with family ,
- Denied access to a lawyer
Violation detailsHe was arbitrarily held for over one year without referral to court, in grave contravention of both international human rights standards and domestic Saudi law.
10 October 2022 - The SCC issued a 14-year prison sentence against him.
31 August 2022 - The SCC postponed the sentencing hearing to 28 September, after the Public Prosecution asked for more time to "collect new evidence".
September 2021 - He was transferred again to Abha in Asir.
August 2021 - He has been charged, more than a year after being arrested and arbitrarily detained. Hw has been scheduled to be brought to trial in November.
August 2021 - He was returned to al-Ha’ir Prison in Riyadh.
May 2021 - He was transferred from al-Ha’ir Prison in Riyadh to Abha Prison in Asir.
September 2020 - For approximately two months after the arrests their whereabouts remained unknown. He was finally allowed to make call to his family, in which he informed them that he was being held in al-Ha’ir Prison in Riyadh.
14 July 2020 - Saudi officials believed to be from the Mabaheth (secret police), part of the Presidency of State Security, raided his home.