- Sex: Male
- Date of birth: 1964
- Area of activity: Academic , Family member of political prisoner
- Place of residence: Buraydah, Al Qassim
His detention came against the backdrop of a tweet in which he announced the arrest of his brother, Islamic cleric Salman al-Awda.
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Al-Tarafiya Prison, al-Qassim
- Date of arrest: 12 September 2017
- Manner of arrest: Taken by a group of soldiers to an unknown location
- Charges: Sympathising with his brother Salman al-Odah; mixing private and public business
- Court: Criminal Court
- Verdict: Sentenced to a five-year prison term followed by a five-year travel ban.
- Date of verdict: 17 November 2020
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention ,
- Denied access to healthcare
Violation detailsHe was denied medical treatment and fell very ill in the prison and required to be transferred to the hospital and admitted in the Intensive Care Unit. During his imprisonment, Khalid developed a heart condition likely due to medical neglect. He was also placed in solitary confinement for a prolonged period of time.
July 2022 - He had his initial five-year sentence, which was due to expire in July 2022, increased.
17 November 2020 - He was sentenced to five years in prison to be followed by a five-year travel ban.
12 September 2017 - Arrested in the backdrop of a tweet in which he announced the arrest of his brother, Islamic cleric Salman al-Awda.