- Sex: Male
- Area of activity: Human rights activist , Lawyer
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Dhahban Central Prison, Jeddah
- Date of arrest: 2018
- Charges: "inflaming public opinion"; "criticising the symbols of the state"; communicating with foreign parties and activists abroad considered “hostile” by the court
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Verdict: Sentenced to seven years in prison for his peaceful media work and human rights activism.
- Torture and ill-treatment
Violation detailsSubjected to severe physical and psychological torture of various kinds, including beatings and electric shocks.
2018 - He was detained in Dhahban Prison.