- Sex: Male
- Marital status: Married
- Area of activity: Blogger
- Place of residence: Jeddah
Founder of the Saudi Liberal Forum
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Dhahban Central Prison, Jeddah
- Date of arrest: 17 June 2012
- Charges: Insulting Islam through electronic channels
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Verdict: Sentenced to 10 years of imprisonment
- Date of verdict: 07 May 2014
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention
11 March 2022 - He was released today after the expiry of his sentence, but remains under a ten-year travel ban.
23 December 2019 - According to tweets from his wife, he ended the hunger strike.
11 December 2019 - According to tweets from his wife, he started a hunger strike in protest against ill-treatmentز
07 May 2014 - He was sentenced to ten years in prison for his writings.
17 June 2012 - He was arrested.