- Sex: Male
- Marital status: Married
- Date of birth: 1966
- Profession: Academic , ACPRA member , Human rights activist
- Place of residence: Al Qassim
Co-founder of the Saudi Civil and Political Rights Association (ACPRA) and and a former profession in Islamic Jurisprudence in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Buraydah Prison, al-Qassim
- Date of arrest: 9 March 2013
- Manner of arrest: Arrested at the Criminal Court in Buraydah
- Charges: Disobeying the ruler of the country; incitement against the Saudi regime; damaging the country’s reputation; co-founding a civil association (ACPRA); disseminating information to foreign entities
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Verdict: 10-year prison term and 10-year travel ban
- Date of verdict: 19 October 2015
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention
7 يناير 2023 - أُفرج عنه بعد أن أنهى فترة محكوميته. كما لا يزال ممنوع من السفر لمدة عشر سنوات.
19 October 2015 - He was sentenced to 10 years in prison followed by ten years of travel ban.
09 March 2013 - He was arrested at the Criminal Court in Buraydah.
2013 - He was originally sentenced to eight years in prison after a trial before a criminal court but his sentence was later overturned.