- Sex: Male
- Marital status: Married
- Date of birth: 1962
- Area of activity: Academic , ACPRA Member
- Place of residence: Riyadh
Co-founder of the Saudi Civil and Political Rights Association (ACPRA)
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Malaz Prison, Riyadh
- Date of arrest: 17 April 2014
- Manner of arrest: Arrested while at criminal investigation headquarters
- Charges: Inciting public opinion; creating public disorder by calling for demonstrations; insulting the authorities; co-founding an unlicensed organisation (ACPRA)
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Verdict: 9-year prison term followed by a nine-year travel ban upon release and a fine of 50,000 Saudi riyals
- Date of verdict: 13 October 2015
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention ,
- Denied contact with family ,
- Denied access to a lawyer
Violation detailsWhile in prison, he was in incommunicado detention.
9 January 2023 - He was released following the expiry of his sentence. He remains subject to a nine-year travel ban.
13 October 2015 - He was sentenced to 9 years in prison followed by a nine-year travel ban upon release and a fine of 50,000 Saudi riyals.
July 2014 - His trial began.
17 April 2014 - He was arrested when he was instructed to go to the Criminal Investigation Bureau in the province of al-Qassim.