- Sex: Female
- Marital status: Married
- Date of birth: 10 January 1990
- Profession: Human rights activist
- Place of residence: Al-Qatif
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Al-Mabaheth (General Investigations Directorate), Dammam
- Date of arrest: 06 December 2015
- Charges: Charges relating to her activism
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Verdict: Eight-year prison sentence.
- Date of verdict: 10 February 2021
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention
Violation detailsAlong with her husband, she was arrested after participating in and filming protests calling for an end of discrimination against Saudi Arabia’s Shi’a minority.
10 February 2021 - The SCC sentenced her to eight years' imprisonment on charges relating to her activism.
31 January 2019 - The Saudi authority announced Israa will not be facing the death penalty following pressure from the international community and international human rights organisations.
13 January 2019 - The trial was postponed without a new date being set.
06 August 2018 - At a trial before the Specialised Criminal Court (SCC), the Public Prosecutor called for the death penalty for her.
06 December 2015 - She was arrested with her husband after participating in peaceful protests in Al-Qatif.