- Sex: Male
- Profession: Journalist
- Place of residence: Riyadh
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Al-Ha’ir Prison, Riyadh
- Date of arrest: 15 March 2018
- Manner of arrest: Security forces raided his home and took him to an unknown location. All his electronic devices were confiscated.
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention ,
- Enforced disappearance ,
- Denied contact with family ,
- Denied access to a lawyer
February 2020 - In response to a submission from the Special Procedures of the UN Human Rights Council, the Saudi authorities said he was being held in al-Ha’ir prison. At the same time, he was allowed for the first time to make a phone call to his family, in which he informed them of his location. However, since then he has been denied any further contact and remains subject to enforced disappearance.
15 March 2018 - Since his arrest, he has completely disappeared. He was denied visits or phone calls, and the Saudi authorities refused to answer any inquiries about him.