- Sex: Male
- Area of activity: Cleric
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Al-Ha’ir Prison, Riyadh
- Date of arrest: 19 March 2016
- Manner of arrest: He was arrested at Riyadh’s King Khaled International Airport on his way home from Turkey
- Charges: Destroying national cohesion, insulting neighbouring states (the UAE), publishing writings hostile to state policy, and communicating with members of bodies hostile to the state (MB)
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Verdict: Sentenced to five years and five-year travel ban
- Date of verdict: 1 June 2018
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention
6-14 March 2021 - He went on hunger strike, along with 30 prisoners of conscience, in protest against harassment and ill-treatment by prison officials at Al-Ha’ir in Riyadh, including being held on the same wing as psychiatric detainees.
19 March 2016 - He was arrested at Riyadh’s King Khaled International Airport on his way home from Turkey.
01 June 2018 - He was sentenced to five years in prison followed by a five-year travel ban.