- Sex: Male
- Marital status: Married
- Profession: ACPRA member , Engineer , Human rights activist
- Place of residence: Riyadh
Co-founder of the Saudi Civil and Political Rights Association (ACPRA)
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Al-Ha’ir Prison, Riyadh
- Date of arrest: 26 December 2013
- Manner of arrest: Arrested at court following sentencing
- Charges: Disobeying the ruler; damaging the country’s reputation; co-founding an unlicensed association (ACPRA)
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Verdict: Ten-year prison term followed by ten-year travel ban
- Date of verdict: 11 November 2014
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention
6-14 March 2021 - He went on hunger strike, along with 30 prisoners of conscience, in protest against harassment and ill-treatment by prison officials at Al-Ha’ir in Riyadh, including being held on the same wing as psychiatric detainees.
11 November 2014 - He was sentenced to ten years in prison followed by ten-year travel ban.
26 December 2013 - He was arrested at court following sentencing.