- Sex: Male
- Area of activity: Journalist
- Place of residence: Riyadh
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Al-Ha’ir Prison, Riyadh
- Date of arrest: 11 September 2017
- Charges: The list of charges includes the following: 1) “supporting the Arab revolutions,” 2) “traveling to Libya after the collapse of Gaddafi regime to attend a conference without permission from the Saudi government,” 3) “publishing tweets calling for the release of some of the arrested prisoners” and 4) ” Supporting the Arab Spring.
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Verdict: Three years and a half in prison
- Date of verdict: 03 September 2020
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention
03 February 2022 - He is released, after his sentence expired in March 2021
03 September 2020 - He was sentenced to three years and a half in prison.
10 September 2018 - His first court hearing was held.
11 September 2017 - He was arrested.